Guangzhou Guoguang Appliance Industrial Co., Ltd. and Guangzhou Jiexin Electric Appliance Industrial Co., Ltd. jointly raised capital and simultaneously started private business on October 1, 1951. They were the first electronic component manufacturers in Guangdong Province.
On October 1, 1951, Guangzhou Guoguang Appliance Industrial Co., Ltd. and Guangzhou Jiexin Electric Appliance Industrial Co., Ltd. initiated their private businesses after jointly raising capital. As the pioneers in electronic component manufacturing in Guangdong Province, their collaboration marked a significant milestone.
Subsequently, in April 1956, a merger took place involving 22 small private factories and societies, including Guangzhou Guoguang Appliance Industrial Co., Ltd. and Guangzhou Jiexin Electric Appliance Industrial Co., Ltd. This merger led to the establishment of the first electronic component factory in Guangdong Province, known as the Guangzhou Public-Private Partnership Guoguang Broadcasting Equipment Factory. Located on Dade Road in Guangzhou, this factory played a crucial role in advancing the region's electronic component industry.
In September 1978, the company implemented a strategic move to enhance its production specialization. As part of this initiative, a new entity called Guangzhou Xinguang Radio Components Factory, was established to manufacture non-electro-acoustic products.
Simultaneously, Guangzhou Guoguang Acoustic Components Factory, which specialized in transducer production, moved to Yayao Cenjing Village, situated in Shenshan Town, Baiyun District.
In March 1986, GGEC made significant advancements by importing the GKG-161 speaker assembly line and cone production equipment from Japan. This move enabled the company to leverage advanced technologies and enhance its manufacturing capabilities in the field of speaker production.
Later that year, on September 30, Guangzhou Guoguang Acoustic Components Factory underwent a name change and was rebranded as Guangzhou Guoguang Acoustic General Factory. This renaming reflected the company's broader scope of operations and its evolving role in the acoustic industry.
On October 18, 1991, GGEC’s six-story assembly building was completed. This building represented a significant milestone for the company, as it greatly increased GGEC’s production capacity to10 million transducers annually adding to GGEC’s annual output value. This expansion laid a solid foundation for the company's further penetration into the international market.
In 1998, the Guangzhou Municipal People's Government designated “GGEC” trademark as a Guangzhou Famous Trademark in recognition of its brand’s quality and reputation.
The first batch of production lines in Guoguang Industrial Park was successfully launched on June 23, 2004.
On May 23, 2005, GGEC achieved a successful listing on the SME board of the Shenzhen Stock Exchange. This accomplishment marked a momentous occasion as the company became the first listed in Huadu District, Guangzhou.
In January 2019, GGEC made a significant investment of US$30 million in the establishment of GGEC (Vietnam). This strategic move aimed to optimize the company's global manufacturing division and layout in a systematic manner, ensuring steady business growth and expanding its market presence.
GGEC (Vietnam) specializes in the production of bluetooth and smart speakers, catering to internationally renowned brands. Its primary markets for these products are the United States and Europe, where there is a strong demand for high-quality audio devices.
Since its inception, GGEC (Vietnam) has commenced production operations and anticipates annual sales to surpass $200 million, reflecting its determination to capture market opportunities and establish a strong foothold in the industry.
GuoGuang Electric Company Ltd.
Address: No.8 Jinghu Road, Xinya Street, Huadu Reg. Guangzhou, 510800 P.R.China
Fax: +86-20- 28609682